If there's one thing Rapid City had plenty of downtown, it was saloons. Located between the Black Hills lumber camps, the Northern Hills mining district and the cattle ranching expanses of western South Dakota, there was certainly enough demand for places to drink. The Whimsically named Last Chance-First Chance Saloon was built in 1906 at 508 Main Street. The simple Italianate Commercial building has a brick and sandstone block façade.
Over the years, the building went through a number of changes and alterations. However in 2001 the nearly original look was restored. It is now part of Que Pasa Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar.