Since its construction in 1929, the Motor Service Co. building has managed to avoid the modernization, expansion and flight to the suburbs that most early car dealerships went through. In fact, this building has never been restored. It still retains the classic 1920s automobile dealership features.
From 1929 until 2006, Edgar Morrison and then his son, John Morrision, operated Motor Service Co. The Morrison’s had a knack for signing up as dealers for car brands that didn't completely catch on with the American driving public. Names such as Graham-Paige, Hudson, Austin, Triumph, MG, Jaguar and Alpha Romeo. Its longest relationship was with Studebaker, from 1939 to 1963, when Studebaker went out of business.