Rapid City Garage, built in 1911, was the first fireproof garage in town. The Cole Roadster was its stock in trade. Large entry doors, reinforced floors, and a ramp to the basement were some of its functional elements. The business continued here until 1928, when the Cole Roadster was discontinued.
Over the years, this building has been home to the Railway Express Agency, U.S. Reserves, a furniture store, and a Montgomery Ward catalogue store. These days, Murphy's Pub & Grill -- a business name with its own interesting history. (Check out the neon sign on the side of the building) -- is here. Note the 3-digit phone number on the Bob's Quick Delivery truck. Apparently Rapid City didn't have a lot of telephones back then.